(Based on all the whining I get aimed at me from the young 'uns on DA.)
1. You should pat my ass and respect me as being your equal solely for figuring out how to post my opinion on DA, regardless of how intelligent my opinion is or isn't.
1b. You're a big meanie if you criticize my opinion in any way.
2. You should accept that I should be allowed to do whatever I want and everyone's a big meanie if they don't bend over backwards to accommodate me. You're a big meanie too if you dare tell me the real world doesn't work that way.
3. Me saying "you're wrong" automatically means you're wrong, with no proof and/or any rebuttal of your logic required. You're a big meanie if you don't accept this and admit you're wrong.
3a. I of course never have to admit I'm wrong even when you prove me wrong with actual proof or logic.
4. If you don't tell me what I wanted to hear/respond to, then I'll just make up what I wish you said and claim you really said that.
5. If you make me have to back up my opinion in any way, you're a big meanie.
6. You should worship me because I went to college, even if what I actually say shows I apparently slept through my classes.
7. All of the scientific studies and/or hard statistics you post as facts are really just you mistaking your opinion for facts.
7a. I believe that scientific studies and hard facts are right or wrong based on where they're cited, and not based on who did the study or who/how the statistics were collected.
8. I already have seen, heard, and done at the tender age of 16-20 as much as somebody 30+ years old has. It is therefore being a big meanie of you to suggest I might less life experience on a topic than you, and thus might be less informed about it.
8a. Also you acting like you know more about a topic than I do because you actually do know more about it isn't allowed either. You must pat my ass and consider me your equal even if I've done less research and/or analysis than you.
9. I believe that the only possible reason anyone can be criticizing my opinion is because they can't handle that my opinion disagrees with theirs.
10. If someone is annoyed or rendered upset by my behavior it is never my responsibility to apologize and change it, but always their responsibility to tolerate with a smile. They're a big meanie if they get upset or call me on my behavior.
And so on and so forth.
In other words, the next generation (or at least the percentage that hang out on DA) is made up of way too many self-centered, selfish, spoiled, entitled, mollycoddled, irresponsible babies who think the world exists to tolerate their bullshit and wait on them hand and foot. I weep for our future.